Hi, I am Masako Houghton and welcome! I am a blogger, former NCAA running coach, mom to my two “Kits” and an expat in Vancouver, Canada.
After following spouse’s several job relocations (Honolulu – Portland OR – Seattle – Vancouver.) it has become challenging for me to find a job I really want to pursue.
I had several career achievements in the past, but I realized that I obtained them to simply to “prove myself” and none of them was my true passion.
So I created this blog to share creative ideas and fun projects with like-minded ambitious housewives to discover a passion and enjoy our lives to the fullest potential with me!
What I Blog About
Here are some of the topics I write about:
- DIY Art & Craft
- Running & Fitness
- Mindfulness and Spirituality (I am not religious.)
- Personal & Business Development
I was born and raised in Yokohama, Japan, but I always had a burning desire to move to America. In 1995, I moved to Hawaii with my first husband. I met my current wonderful husband through running which is one of our shared passions.
Interesting Facts about Me
- I was a first Japanese female submarine pilot (Tourist submarine dives as deep as 100 feet under water) in the world
- I quit 15 years of smoking habit and became a 3:09 marathon runner
- I unexpectedly received full tuition running scholarship at college at age of 35
- I coached NCAA Cross country running for 5 years
- I can use my toes like hands
After living 16 years in Hawaii, I left my last career as a Head Cross Country Coach and an Assistant to the Athletic Director at local University, and followed my husband’s job transfer to Pacific North West (Oregon & Seattle) and then to our current residence, Vancouver, British Columbia.
Are You Living Your Life in Full?
Being a housewife with no kids (or empty nester) is a great position to enjoy our lives as we have a freedom of time. Yet, many of us put ourselves in our own jail cell and spend our times feeling guilty, struggled, stuck, and bored.
These are mind shift keys helped me to start enjoying my life….
- STOP taking your life for granted and START taking advantage of your life
- Appreciate and find joy in every little things
- Explorer new things as well as old things you used to enjoy when you were a child, to rediscover yourself
Why not living our lives in full?